Title: Watersplash 2016
Location: KCS Boat House, Putney
Date: 19th June 2016, 12:30 – 4:00 PM
Dear KCS Rowers, Parents, Friends and Families,
You are warmly invited to the final boat club event of the year, the KCS Watersplash!
The Watersplash is an afternoon of fun-filled races for the boys and girls from each year group, a Dads (and Mums) vs Lads race, Pimms, Prosecco and snacks, all culminating in the annual prize giving ceremony!! Please bring your rowers, friends and families to the boat house for this afternoon of enjoyment and celebration.
TIMINGS FOR THE AFTERNOON —
- 12.30pm Rowers arrive. Inform the Seniors by 12.45pm if they’d like to row in at least one Octo race.
- 1pm: Parents and families arrive
- 1.30pm: Racing begins with the first of three competitions. Races at approximately 1.30pm, 1.55pm and 2.20pm.
- 2.00pm: Dads vs Lads (register your interest by email to Michael de Kare-Silver at email@example.com)
- 3pm: Speeches and Prize Giving
- 4-4.30pm: Close
FOOD, DRINKS and FUN!
Baked goods and finger foods and a glass of PIMMs, Prosecco or a soft drink will be provided (and will have a cash bar for additional drinks). There will be a small charge/entry fee of £5 for over 12’s to help cover costs. Food and drink will be provided for the rowers.
As you can appreciate, it is difficult to cater for the event without a good idea of the numbers attending. Can you let us know if you will be coming (your rower and the number of family members/friends attending). Even an estimate is helpful! Please email this information to Alison Cabot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DADS (& MUMS) vs LADS
Please let us know if you’d like to join the Dads/Mums race. Don’t worry, it is not a full 2K! We have space for 8 rowers but if demand is there we will run two boats. The fee is £50 per rower and all proceeds will go towards supporting the boat club. We will accept novices!! If you would like to be a member of this winning crew, please contact: Michael de Kare-Silver at email@example.com.
HELP SUPPORT THE BOAT CLUB
Here is your opportunity to support the Parents boat and the Boat Club by purchasing penalties to disadvantage the seniors’ boat. Penalties ranging in price from £25 to £300 per penalty and you will find the complete range below:
- £50 Put back Lads eight by 5 metres
- £50 Add small bungy to Lads’ boat
- £30 Extra to add Medium Bungy
- £20 Add 2kg weight to Lads’ boat
- £30 Add extra 3 kg weight to Lads’ boat
- £100 Take away Cox box from Lads’ Boat
- £300 Start the Lads facing the wrong direction
If you would like to pledge a penalty, please contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org or find Michael on the day.
In addition to the Penalties, we will have a donation box set up at the entrance to the boat club and we hope that you will consider contributing. Please remember that our fundraising goes a long way towards providing the best possible support for our rowers! We look forward to celebrating the boys’ and girls’ achievements on the 19th of June at the Watersplash.
Annie, Alison and Michael