J16 Events and Regattas
This list is to give you a general idea of the events that you are likely to attend over the course of the year. Your coaches will give you specific dates and times in plenty of time for the events as the year progresses but please make a note of these general times and try to keep the weekends free where possible. The events list is provisional and there is no guarantee that we will attend and events can be affected by weather and river conditions.
• Wallingford Long Distance Sculls-Usually Late September/early October. Wallingford stretch upstream of Wallingford Bridge.
• Kingston Small Boats Head-Usually 1st Saturday of month. Kingston stretch. Start at Hampton Court Bridge, finish at Stevens Eyot by Kingston Rowing club.
• Fours Head-Usually 2nd Saturday of month. Putney Stretch of river
• Hampton Small Boats head-usually3rd Saturday of month. Molesey Stretch. Start at Molesey Lock , finish at Western End of Platts Eyot
• Wallingford 4s &8s Head-Usually 1st Sunday of month. Wallingford stretch upstream of Wallingford Bridge.
• Festive races-usually 2nd Sunday of month at Boathouse
• Quintin 8s Head- usually last weekend of month. Putney stretch of river
• Peterborough Head-Usually 1st Saturday of month. Peterborough City Rowing Club, Thorpe Meadows Peterborough.
• Reading Uni Head-usually 1st Saturday of month. Reading Stretch. Sonning Lock to Mapledurham Lock.
• Hammersmith Head-usually 1st Sunday of Month Putney stretch
• Kingston Head-usually 3rd Saturday of month. Kingston Stretch. Start at Hampton Court Bridge, finish at Stevens Eyot by Kingston Rowing club
• Schools Head-usually 4th week of month on weekday . Putney Stretch
• Head of the River Race- day after Schools head. Putney Stretch
• Wallingford Regatta-usually last weekend. Dorney Lake
• Putney Town Regatta-Usually 2nd weekend of month. Putney stretch of Thames
• Nottingham City Regatta-Usually 2nd weekend of month. National Watersports Centre, Holme Pierrepont, Nottingham
• National Schools Regatta- Friday before Bank Holiday weekend. Either Nottingham Water Sports Centre or Dorney Lake
• Metropolitan Regatta- Usually 1st weekend of month. Dorney Lake.
• Reading Regatta-Usually 2nd weekend of month. Reading Stretch. Sonning Lock to Mapledurham Lock.
• Marlow Regatta-Usually 3rd weekend of month. Dorney Lake
• Watersplash-usually 3rd Sunday at the Boathouse
• Henley Royal Regatta-Qualifying race. Usually 3rd Friday of June. The reach from Hambleden Lock to Temple Combe Lock
• Summer training course-at the Boathouse